Sunday, April 26, 2009

Praise report!

God gave us a GREAT yard sale! We made around $400 for the two days that we ran it! We still have lots left over and we plan to have it once more in May. God has also been providing Danny with some lawn work and other odd jobs that we are very thankful for! He continues to provide for our needs and we say "Thank-you Jesus!"

Our family spoke at our church about our up-coming TLC trip and God really helped us! We recieved a very generous love offering and we are praising God that almost all the money needed has come in! We only need a little bit more and we KNOW that He will provide! God has made it very clear that we are following His will in going on this trip to Haiti and we are awed watching Him work in our lives! I have a few pics to post of our service and of the garage sale as well as odds-n-ends ones of the kids.


We had 8 tables of goodies that went quickly!

A lot of work to set up and take down....we were
exhausted! Well worth it!


A donation jar was my Aunt Becky's brilliant idea!
It worked well! People were very generous!


Caleb enjoyed observing from his exer-saucer...


Our tulips have continued to bloom beautifully this year.
I have really enjoyed taking pics of them.


A close-up of our pretty tulips...........


Missions Service:


Danny and I sharing about our TLC trip at
our church. We showed pics while we talked.


This is a video of the kids singing 'Be a Missionary."
They did a good job!
This is our family singing "I'll Give Myself" to
the tune of Amazing Grace.

Odd-n-Ends pictures:


Becca arranged her porcelain dolls very nicely
on her dresser and took a picture......


...of herself as well!


A little cutie-pie hanging out in the doorway!

Abby joins him and asks for a picture.

One of my little helpers busy sweeping the kitchen.


Ben introduces Caleb to Legos!

The Legos were a BIG hit! He enjoyed scattering
them around and tasting each one!

A very tired baby boy!

I have had this sailor suit for Caleb for a
while now just waiting for him to grow into
it! Now it just fits and he will probably not get
much wear out of it..go figure! It looked sweet on him!

All the kids looked nice so I TRIED to get a
good pic of ALL of them looking at the camera..
easier said than done! The youngest was NOT happy!


.....much better!



3 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog. I know that God is going to work everything out for our good and His glory. =)

I enjoyed catching up on your blog. That is awesome that y'all are going to Haiti on TLC and that your money has been coming in. Great job on the yard sale! Have a super trip!

Have a great day! =)

Anonymous said...

enjoyed the new pics and good to hear all your news.

did m tell u i am coming to the md banquet? anyway I am-see ya there

rm

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks, Liz, for your nice comment on my blog! I'm sorry that y'all have faced the difficult time of waiting to sell your home, etc. I know that that is not easy.

Happy Belated Mother's Day! About the butterfly cupcakes. I just bought some candies that are like a half of an orange slice. I cut a slit in them, almost always through. Then I bought some long thin candies and we used that for the middle of the butterfly, and then cut them in half lenthwise for 2 little antanaes. (sp?) I found them and the "sewing" cupcakes off of: http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/specialfeature/mothers-day-recipes-ms/ (under sweet treats for Mom's sweet tooth).
Have a super day.