Monday, November 3, 2008

Caleb's Dedication

We had Caleb dedicated yesterday morning at our church and it went well. He did not cry at all and smiled throughout the whole time. When I was little, I fell in love with a song that Sandi Patti sang titled 'Masterpiece'. It talks about how God formed the baby in secret and created a Masterpiece. I have sang this beautiful song to each one of our children at their dedications and really enjoyed carrying on the tradition with Caleb! Danny held him and he smiled at me as I sang to him. We made his dedication a little bit more special by making up a power point of him and family members holding him. We had it played in the background while I sang to him! Very special!

Sunday evening, Danny shared about his missions trip with our church. God helped him and after he was done speaking, our church family gathered around us and prayed for us that God would continue to direct and guide us. It was a very special time as well! We are blessed to have a wonderful. supportive church family and we will miss them!



Looking handsome with Aunt Rachel


What an ornery smile!


Pastor York talking with Caleb


This will give you an idea of how it looked. I was
reading Psalm 139:13-14.


This pic is a little blurred. You can see how I
was singing to him.


Afterwards our pastor had my parents come
up and asked my dad to pray over us.....another
special moment!


Posing with Matt & Presley afterwards
Becca, Ben and Abby dressed up for a Fall
party that our church hosted for the kids
called a 'Hallelujah Hoedown'. They had
a blast dressing up for it! They looked cute!
Thanks to Presley for helping get them ready!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to give a shout out to the photographer for the event! just joking!!! Glad they turned out

********Don't forget to vote!!!!!!


Rm

Kelli said...

The dedication sounds awesome, I love baby dedications :) and your kids look really cute in their costumes!

Kelli from Morning Out

Quakenbush's said...

Wish we could've been there. It sounds like it all turned out really well!
~Tasha