Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas baking

I love this time of the year for many reasons and right at the top of my list is baking cookies and candies! I have often said that my dream job would be as a cook in a magazine's test kitchen! So if anyone hears that Taste of Home or Kraft is looking for a test cook, give them my number! LOL! Seriously, My idea of a fun time is being surrounded by baking ingredients and a whole stack of recipes with unlimited time to bake! We went out to my parents yesterday and did just that all day! We baked dozens of sugar and gingerbread cookies and each of the kids made and designed their own gingerbread house out of graham crackers. It was a fun time as we baked together, listened to Adventures in Odyssey and made lasting memories! It was interesting to see each of the children's personalities shining thru when they decorated their houses!

We are still not completely over our colds, allergies and whatever all else has plagued us these past 2 weeks! Danny was down for 2-3 days and I have felt yucky on and off. Caleb has been fighting a cold as well and I am hoping that we may have gotten him close to being over it! We have not heard anything from the people interested in our house so we continue to wait. Please help us pray that Danny can find some work to do to make ends meet while we wait for our place to sell. Money is tight but we are trusting in God's promise that He will never leave or fail us! He cares and watches out for the ravens , so how much more does He care for us!
Heres the fun pictures....


Cutting out the cookie dough.


Making memories in the kitchen!


Baking the goodies..


...Cooling.....


...all decorated and ready to eat! Mmmm!

My messy kitchen helpers!


Becca's gingerbread house with gumdrop bushes.


Ben chose palm trees and a `Happy Birthday`
sign! To each their own! LOL!


Abby's house featured the Berenstain Bears!

Caleb chose R&R for the day! ;o)

Abby sat up a play area for Caleb during our
storytime last night..

He seemed to enjoy it!

Becca took this pic of Abby and Caleb ready
for church this morning.
All 4 ready for church. Ignore the crooked
snowman wallhanging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at those dimples on Caleb!! he is changing so much, seemingly every day! All the cookies look very tasty and the kids gingerbread houses all look great!
Hope there are still some goodies left by Christmas!

rm

The Dickinsons said...

Loved the pic of your little baby with his arms back sleeping. It looks like he was really taking it easy. =)
All your cookies and goodies look fun and yummy! Great Mom for letting the kids help! I agree with you...BAKING and making candies is one of the funniest parts of Christmas for me! =)
Thanks for your comment on our Christmas picture. No, it doesn't snow where we are. It does snow here in Colombia somewhere, but I think we are a good 24 hours from where it snows.
By the way, if you go to Heather Loper's blog, she has a link to Nate's Mom's blog and on there is a link for some "Cookie dough choc. truffles." I made those this weekend and they are heavenly!!
Merry Christmas.

Lisa said...

What a bunch of cuties. I love how they each decorated their houses differently. I missed you Thursday. Keep getting better. I'll keep praying for you guys.