Sunday, September 7, 2008

Birthday party and a NEW swing

Rebecca turns 9 this coming Wed. the 10th. We celebrated her birthday last night because she wanted the Quakenbushes to be able to come since they are moving this week to Florida. Rebecca chose horses as her theme so I made her a horse-shoe shaped cake with cupcakes and a circle of green grass with toy horses on it. She loved it! She got some great gifts and the kids played a fun game involving balloons. My camera decided to go dead on me and so I did not get a pic of the game :o( They each had a partner and had a blowed up balloon in between their backs. They than raced to see who could keep their balloon from falling and get to the finish line first! Tanner and Skyler won....good job boys! I have pics of the party below:


Here they are ready for cake and icecream.
Ben, Jaelyn Biberstein, Becca and Cory Q.


Here is Cory again and Tanner Q.


I tried to get a good pic of Becca and her good friend
Jaelyn. The balloon string got in the way of Jaelyn's
face so I tried again....


and Miss Jaelyn looked away! ;o) LOL!
They have been good friends since they were
pre-schoolers. Jaelyn's birthday is on the 22nd
of this month so they are close in age.


Here is the Horse-shoe cake...you have to use
your imagination a little! :o)

Rebecca LOVED it as you can see!

Take the picture, mom! I am trying to eat here...
Becca was thrilled with the cool stuff she got from her friends!
-A wooden sign for the tree house at their grandparents
-a special keepsake box to keep all her treasures in ;o)
-pretty flip-flops, pink visor hat,My Little Pet shop, hair pretties.
-teddy bear, pink purse,Faithgirlz Diary.



My Best Friend, Tasha, helped out with the
party and held Caleb so I could scoop icecream
and etc. Thanks Tasha! I am going to miss you!


After church we went to my parents's house for dinner and my dad had bought the kids a NEW swing for their clubhouse called a 'Red Rider". They had a blast on it and all 3 can fit at the same time.
They loved it!
This is Caleb's favorite activity these days! He
will coo and wave his little arms and legs. And
if his mobile stops playing music he will cry until we wind
it up again and then it is brand-new all over again ;o)

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Enjoyed the birthday post! Your cake was cute.

Thanks for the encouraging words and for praying for little Elijah.

Anonymous said...

good pics, looks like Becca had fun. Cute cake too!

R M