Friday, September 26, 2008

The Man of the House is HOME!

And we are so happy to have him back! Danny has brought back LOTS of pics and just as many stories! I am going to try to post them as a slideshow if I can figure out how? I don't have time for a very long post because we are heading to Tenn. for a much-needed family vacation tomorrow! As you can imagine, I have a TON of packing, cleaning and last-minute errands to accomplish today. Danny is busy getting his properties mowed and etc. Life goes on....;o) We plan to return Thurs. or Fri. We are also planning on attending Easley Bible Methodist Church Wed. night so Danny can share about his trip for the churchfolk there. Please pray for him as he tells about the devastation there and tries to raise money for H.I.M. as well as letting other men know of the need to join work teams to help out for a week. Pray that God will continue to work thru Danny.
Have a great weekend! I will many more pics to post when we return of our vacation! G-pa and G-ma Dunn are meeting us and staying with us in Tenn. We have not seen them in almost 4 years and we are all excited to spend time with them! And I know they just cannot wait to meet Caleb!
I tried to put it as a slideshow and was unable to get it to work. If someone wants to tell me how, I would appreciate it..thanks! In the meantime, here are just a FEW pics:

Here they are loading the plane with supplies
to drop off to the Islands.


This is looking out of the plane at the ocean and
some Islands below.


Here they are coming into Haiti-one of the worst
poverty-stricken Countries in the world!


More of Haiti. They were majorly flooded and
still have standing water everywhere. Pray for
Haiti-H.I.M. does not have any missionaries there.
They have a 3 bedroom home just waiting for a
missionary family to live in.


Coming into the Islands, the water is so blue
and beautiful!


This is the church on South Caicos. You can see
all the debri and branches around it. They lost
a large part of the ceiling that Danny was able
to help fix.


This is Sis. Marilyn Marchant's house that they
stayed in and helped repair.


This is what is left of the house of one of their
church ladies. As you can see, she lost it all!
There are sooo many more pics to post, but I just do NOT have the time right now! It was hard enough to pick and choose these ones! I will try to post more when we get back or maybe I will have figured out how to do the slideshow?

2 comments:

Maggie said...

awesome pics! Thanks for keeping me updated!!

Constance said...

Enjoyed all of the pics. I wish I could tell you, but I don't know how to do it myself. Chris does it for me. Have a great vacation.