Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update on Missions Trip

I talked to Danny last night for what will be the last time for several days! He flew out this morning at 5 am. The plane was going to Haiti and other Bahamas' Islands to drop off much-needed supplies and then they are to arrive on the Island that they will be staying on all week sometime this evening. When he told me that he will be flying all day between islands, I told him that he could have waited until he returned to tell me that little detail! The thought of him flying between islands all day over the ocean is a scary thought! Please join me in praying for God's protecting hand over the plane and its occupants! Thank-you! Once they arrive on the Island, Danny will pretty much be in charge of his group and they will be working on an older, single missionary ladies house. She has gas hook-up so she will be able to cook for them and they will be sleeping in a church nearby..cold concrete! Although, it may be HOT concrete because Danny was telling me that the average temp there is 130 degrees! And it may get into the 80's at night..wow!! Danny did buy an air mattress to take over with him and he has his sleeping bag, which he plans to leave there for someone else to use later. I know that God lead Danny on this trip and he is in God's more than capable hands and I am CLINGING to that fact alone! It does not mean that I do not miss my husband desperately, because I do! He also told me that they have little electricity there and no type of outside communication available. One guy does have a special type of satelite phone that is only to be used for emergencies so I will not be able to talk to him until next Tues.:o( I am very proud of him for being obedient to God's leading and I know that God has great plans in store for him while he is over there.:o) My husband is very skilled in doing handy-man type work and he will be able to help them a lot plus I know he will enjoy it! In the meantime I am praying for his safe return and everytime he flies for angels to guide the wings of the plane! I am so thankful that God's grace is sufficient and abundant for me during this time! Thank-you for your prayers..they are much needed and appreciated!
I don't have any pics for this post because my hubby took our camera with him. I do have our daughter's camera that we have been taking pics with but do not have it here with me now..pics will have to come later. Caleb is finally smiling for us! And what a sweet smile it is! He is becoming more alert everyday and is so fun to talk and play with..I love these days! When his daddy gets back he will be amazed how big he is getting! I held the phone up to his ear and daddy talked to him and he just got so excited to hear daddy's voice..it was so cute!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Wow...I will be praying definitely!