Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My God is awesome!

I have a HUGE praise report! Remember my last post and how we un-knowingly ran up a large bill talking to Danny in the Islands? Well, my mom told me that she was planning on calling Verizon and explaining my innocence and asking if anything could be done to erase or lower the bill. Now, you are probably thinking, " Yeah, right! Like Verizon is going to even care or think about giving you a break!" And I confess that same thought did enter my mind as well; however, God is working on increasing my faith and I am trying to cooperate! So, I prayed the other night and asked God that if ANYTHING could be done to please forgive my stupidity and help us out and to prepare the Verizon operater' s heart that mom was fixing to talk to! Mom had a busy day, which I can not imagine WHY that would be?! HAHA! LOL! She only had the kids to help homeschool, a continuously messy house despite her BEST efforts to keep it clean, meals to fix, baths to be given to 2 dogs that keep getting fleas and etc...! I was not feeling well and mom allowed me to take a nice, long nap on the couch while she tended to all that! WOW! Thanks, mom! I love you! So, she was finally able to call Verizon last night and God definitely went before her! She talked to a very nice man named, Matt. Mom explained the situation to him and he went on to her cell record and was surprised to see that .....are you ready.....NONE of the calls were showing yet! Is that GOD or what!? Because of this , he was able to sell mom a special feature that is cheap and enables her phone to call outside the USA for .33 a minute to a land line or .44 a minute to a cell! Major improvement over 1.45 a minute as it was before! Our bill has been cut in half!! I give God ALL the praise and thank HIM for watching out for us even though it was pure innocence and a little stupidity on our part! That is the GOD I serve!
One day and a half and my sweetheart will be back in my arms! :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i miss you all. see you so.
I am in provo at the air port it is 2:21 pm .

drf

Constance said...

That is really awesome. I am glad that it all worked out just great.

The Dickinsons said...

So glad for the way God has answered prayer. Thanks for your comment. I could carry hand sanitizer with me but when you have a church full of little kids and adults, (and most of the untrained) that is all I would get done is handing out my hand sanitizer...they would think it is pretty neat for they probably don't even know what that is. I have tried the mittens...but since he has his teeth coming in his hands are ALWAYS in his mouth and he just soaks those too. Thanks for your prayers. Glad that your man will be home soon. Mine just left for this whole week.