Friday, September 19, 2008

NEW Update on Missions Trip!

We have been blessed to be able to hear from Danny twice from the Islands! He is on South Cacous and his team is staying in one of the missions houses there. They have been repairing the house all week and sleeping on the kitchen floor. I was so proud of my husband when he told me that not only is he taking LOTS of pictures but he is writing down what he is doing and seeing everyday! For those of you who know Danny, you understand why I am so amazed and proud of him! Danny is not the type to do any kind of writing or reading unless he absolutely has too! WoW! I am so glad that he is keeping notes because I was afraid that he would not be able to remember to tell me everything that happened. Danny said that the Island is majorly devastated from the 4 major storms they have endured. When they flew in to South Cacous on Tues. evening his team had already landed at 6 airports on different Islands! Mission Flight had dropped off supplies to most of the Turks and Cacous Islands and 1 Island in the Bahamas. I asked him how it was flying over the Ocean all day and he said,"It was Great!" Go figure! Here I was worried about him all day and he was having a blast! Seriously, I am very thankful for God's protection on them! We did not think he would be able to call us at all but he was able to get a new SIM card for his phone that cost him NOTHING! And then all he had to do was purchase minutes over there and he was able to call clear to Indiana! It has been wonderful to talk to him but we can only talk for a short time because he wants to save minutes to call us more than 1 day. We are all counting the days until he returns and Abby asks everyday when Daddy will be back? Not soon enough for any of us! We WILL survive by God's grace!
I have deep respect for those wives whose husbands are in the service and gone for months and even years at a time...God bless you for your sacrifice!
In the meantime, those of us that remain back in the flatlands of Indiana, are carrying on as usual. My mom is helping with homeschooling and it has been very nice to have her experience since she homeschooled all of us for years. Thanks mom!
We baked 3 batches or around 12 doz cookies last night! Butterscotch, Choc-PB and White choc. chip with Macadamia nuts! We have a fundraiser going on for our church that needed homemade cookies so we helped out. Sorry, no pics! We have misplaced Becca's camera....
Please keep Danny and his team in your continued prayers..thank-you!

1 comment:

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Wow! That's neat that your husband got to go on that mission trip...but I understand how you miss him since Phillip travels away from us once a month. Glad that he can call you some too.
That is neat that you are a Pampered Chef consultant! Thanks for the tip on rolling fruit in sugar...I used your tip and did that with blackberries for on top of the choc. cupcakes I made on our first day of school. (See smile box.) Take care...and may the hours pass swiftly until your husband back home with you.